A new site: No Echo

Posted on Monday, March 24th, 2014 @ 12:00am » permalink

So, the "news" is that I teamed up with former Noisecreep editor Carlos Ramirez, and we've started up a new site:

No Echo

It'll have some of the type of stuff I've done here over the years, plus some new twists, so hopefully people will dig it. I'm excited about it, and have been having fun putting together content here and there over the course of the past month, so check it out and let us know what you think. As always, I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad. And if you like it, please help spread the word!

Thanks!

1. inhalexhale says:

Welp, here comes another bookmark. Good luck!

2. Stalinist says:

yeah! glad to see you back

3. Anonymous says:

I like the song of the day. Sometimes a great 5 minute song gets lost in a 50 minute album, and potential listeners never find it. Why do metalheads judge only albums? Imagine if Slayer cut down their later albums to just the best 10 minutes.
    Enough of that tangent. You guys don't post much from the last 5 years…

4. andy says:

"song of the day" rules!!

5. Hidde says:

Great stuff!
    Three direct hits within minutes:
    Flotsam and Jetsam, Meathook Seed and Bowl Ethereal.

Thanks:-)

6. zg says:

Oh man, this just made my year. Self and the Afghan Whigs on the same site as Meathook Seed and Craw … I'm sold. I can even get on board with the paeans to "questionable" bands (ahem … Limp Bizkit … ahem); it's good to see people wax nostalgic about their formative years without getting all pretentious about "cred" or whatever. Hell, I can't remember what the first album I bought was, but I'm pretty sure it was either by C&C Music Factory or Vanilla Ice. Great to see some more contibutions from you, and I hope the new format's more low-maintenance. Thanks for coming back!

7. Anonymous says:

FUCK YEAH

8. Carlos says:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. I just opened your site, almost randomly, and I thought well it's a pity you doesn't write any more and now this. :) I'm glad you are back and kicking.

And Mayhem are also back.

And I LOVE their new songs: