Welcome to life being awesome…

Posted on Wednesday, October 17th, 2007 @ 9:50am » permalink

Yeah, so… in addition to all of the work/personal bullshit making life just great in general as of late, my computer randomly decided to kill its access to the internet a couple days ago, thus rendering me basically useless (I'm typing this while sitting at work)… and a "solution" is looking extremely grim right now. So… yeah, I'm pretty much out of commission until I can get this shit straight. Lovely. I fucking hate technology…

1. Johnny says:

Unacceptable. I need my daily Aversion fix.

2. Tom says:

Never has something lubricated and decayed society in such equal measures as technology. Except maybe booze. Or maybe this is all just bollocks. You do a damn good job anyway and I hope things start looking up again soon.

3. Anonymous says:

damn

4. Nick M says:

unlucky. I work with computers and hate them. Every Day.

5. Redeemer says:

I cannot count how many times I've cursed the very existence of technology only to wonder how I could live without it shortly after said fit of rage. Pathetic, isn't it?

Since you can only post from the office, how about a top ten(or thereabouts) for '07 thus far?

Most of my picks(in no particular order) have been on lighter side of the musical spectrum:
    Lost Ocean s/t
    Dear Hunter – Act II
    Feist – The Reminder
    Asa Irons & Swaan Miller s/t
    KT Tunstall – Drastic Fantastic

A bit of a disappointing year for metal but still some good ones:
    The Psyke Project – Apnea
    Baroness – Red Album
    Rwake – Voices Of Omens
    Arkhon Infaustus – Orthodoxyn
    Nihill – Krach
    Cobalt – Eater Of Birds

I hope you get your net problems solved because I know first hand how much of a touchy bitch comps can be, especially networking-related issues. I've been pulling my hair out over that stuff since '02, the first year I went broadband. If you need any help just email me.

6. Anonymous says:

wow, new psyke project? awesome.

7. Anonymous says:

I need my daily dose…

8. Tom says:

hey since this is kind of a random thread…. first off, andrew thanks for running this site please keep up the good work. anyway was wondering if anybody knows where i can get the sum of all fears demo on east coast empire? beneath the remains demo (or 7"from back to basics) from orange county new york? also looking for a motive 7" from long island? e town concrete green demo.? and last but not least that section 8 song nightfall.. what album was that on? im desperate for these if anyone knows where to get em that would be so awesome. had all these at one point but have lost em over the years. thanks

9. chris says:

yo, redeemer: thanks for the heads-up on lost ocean, "still life" is an amazing song. however, it baffles me just what a bunch of straight-up WUSSES these dudes are.

strange. i'll just pretend it didn't happen.

10. For what it is worth, for the last 8 months I have had no own computer nor my own stable internet conection. With the help of my girlfriend's laptop (it's pink with flowers and annoying warning sounds and girly desktop images etc) which I am allowed to use once in awhile and my neighbour's WiFi network I have just about managed to update http://Only-In-it-For-The-Music.blogspot.com as well as set up a new website at http://www.punksishippies.com. What I am trying to say, keep it up yo. If there is a will there is a way.

11. Redeemer says:

hahaha, damn. I've made it a point not to look at band pics…pics like that being the reason. Thanks for the mental image! oh btw "vast" is pure awesomeness.

12. chris says:

>I've made it a point not to look at band pics

wise.

i've made the same point with lyrics. too many disappointments.

now i just sing it like i hear it. and it's always deep and meaningful. :p